Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Jason I have a 2002 outboard Suzuki 150 with electronic fuel

Customer Question

Jason
I have a 2002 outboard Suzuki 150 with electronic fuel injection. While i was using it on the lake yesterday, the low oil light and the rev limit light and alarm came on. I assumed it was low oil as i had not added oil to the resevoir when I filled up with gas. I added oil and proceeded to use the boat. when I would get going the light and the alarm came on until i would throttle back down to almost idle. There is a low oil reset button on the side of the outbooard motor, but i could tell iif it was doing anything when i pushed it. Any idesa?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Is this a DF150 4 stroke, or a DT150 2 stroke engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason,
This is Robert. I believe it is a DT150 2 stroke
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, I don't work on the 2 stroke engines. I will opt out and leave this open to the community. Good luck!