Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 225 etec. Idles rough when start and after a while

Customer Question

I have a 225 etec. Idles rough when start and after a while the check engine light comes on. When idling out thru no wake zone light comes on and engine loses power. When try to get up and run it runs rough for a few hundred feet then smoothies out and runs fine
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? The engines are computer controlled and there is absolutely nothing you can do on your own without Evinrudes diagnostic program. Because of that you would be going to the dealer either way. I have 2 questions back to you.1. When was the last time it was at the dealer for a full service?2. I have an idea of what is probably wrong with it. But, like I said it would have to go into the dealer either way. Did you want to continue knowing you would get a best (educated) guess. Or did you want to call it quits?