Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 2000 bayliner, 1750 with mechanical steering. I would

Customer Question

I have a 2000 bayliner, 1750 with mechanical steering. I would like to convert it to hydraulic steering can you give me mfgs. and part nos ??? tks harold
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harold, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Which engine do you have on the boat?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harold, it looks like you read my reply and logged off. If you can get me the engine information off your boat I can look up all the part numbers you need to convert it to hydraulic steering.
If you tried to send a reply back, unfortunately I did not receive one.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I see you started a 2nd question. Are you having a hard time replying back to this one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jason asked for the engine no. I cant get right now but it is a mercruser I/o is that enough info?? I want to replace mechanical steering with hydraulic. Need mfg, part no. etc.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** this what you had in mind? http://www.narm-ribboats.com/teleflex-seastar-hc-5370-hydraulic-outboard-cylinder-kit-side-mount.html This is for an outboard but will do the same for your boat as long as you don't have power steering.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a mercruser I/o engine

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
What model. Some have power steering assist. I need the engine serial number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no I do not have power steering. What about the cylinder length ?

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
How much space do you have? I don't have a boat of that model I can look at so I have no idea the space you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe I have the space. I was hoping the Teleflex may have designed a system for this boat ?? How can I contact co. to determine if a system has been designed

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Here is the link to Seastar which is Teleflex. http://www.seastarsolutions.com/support-2/technical-support/I have used the system I posted earlier. This system is rated for 600 hp. So it is plenty strong enough.Post back with questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how can I contact the mfg.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
These are the people you need to talk to. They can tel you what you need. This is the manufacturer. Customer service. http://www.seastarsolutions.com/support/customer-service/