Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Idmar engine throttle body injection v8 cranks over but does

Customer Question

idmar engine throttle body injection v8 cranks over but does not start. Have fuel to throttle body but injectors not spraying. Batteries were just changed
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I would need the engine model number to which you have, however with what you have explained I at least have an idea that your working with an tbi system since the fuel injectors are in the throttle body. The first things are to do is check fuel pressure with a fuel pressure tester to confirm pressure and getting to the fuel rail, next is using a noide light to confirm injectors are being sent signal to fire, your checking pulse and ground on these if a noide light shows a problem.

This should at the very least if not find the problem will help us narrow it down and then preform further testing.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.