Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2006 mercruiser 5.0l mpi bravo 3 I noticed I was leaking

Customer Question

i have a 2006 mercruiser 5.0l mpi bravo 3 I noticed I was leaking oil and want to check the oil pressure sensor and switch but I don't know where they are and what could be leaking
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
When checking for an oil leak you want to start with the top and work your way down since leaks will travel with gravity, this includes hoses and valve cover gaskets, checking over the entire block. Use of a telescoping mirror and light source will help. Also if no leaks are found above then using your hand feel the bottom/sides of the engine oil pan, these can rot out/rust and will leak, running your fingers over the pan you will be able to locate a hole/leak to which you can also use the mirror and light to closer inspect.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.