Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I got a 1980 Century inboard boat from my son in law and I

Customer Question

I got a 1980 Century inboard boat from my son in law and I would like to identify it as on the title it only says that it is a Century 16' 8".
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Are you looking for the model name of the boat? I do know what it is but generally the names are ***** ***** important. Was there a reason you needed to know? Or did you just want the model name and that's it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now have a boat that I know nothing about and need to make some repairs and would like to find a manual
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Manuals for the engine will exist, but there won't be any kind of manual for the boats hull itself. What kind of repairs did you need to make?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new fuel line, controle switches for tilt motores and many wiring isues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also just now saw on the title where it says it is a model or serial number I80
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Tilt motor wiring would be in the engines service manual. There won't be any kind of manuals for the fuel lines or other wiring issues. For the other wiring issues you would need to learn how to wire. Perhaps buy a book like this one in the link below. http://www.amazon.com/12-Volt-Bible-Boats/dp/0713667036/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1435535587&sr=8-3&keywords=boat+wiring+for+dummies
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but no thanks. I feel this has been no help at all.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That's because you don't understand the process under which boats are built. But no problems. Good luck with your project.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
I feel that what you need is a tech that you can talk to when you need to for the total process of working in this boat. Do you agree?
If so I can submit you an offer to get my cell number to deal with the wiring issues of the boat, the fuel lines, and anything else that may come up. It will be cheaper then taking the boat to a dealership everytime, and I am available in the eve and on weekends when you may have time to work on the boat.
Let me know what you think.
Charles