Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2007 searay 205 sport. On some occasions at high speed

Customer Question

I have a 2007 searay 205 sport. On some occasions at high speed I hear alarm go off in three bursts what is this
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
In your car, the cars engine has multiple sensors on it. If one of them goes bad the car would flash the check engine light to let you know there is a problem, and that the car needs to be hooked up to a scan tool to see which sensor is the issue.
In the boat there are no check engine lights, but there is an alarm system. The 3 beep alarm is the equivalent of the boats check engine light. And you would do the same thing with the boat that you would do with the car. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but why only at high speed? Once I slow down alarm stops
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That depends on which sensor is causing the issue. There are 10 different sensors on the engine that would all cause that alarm. If you can open up PDF files I can upload the charts showing which sensors cause the issue. And I can also offer you my best educated guess. But it would have to get hooked up to a scan tool either way in order to pinpoint it. Would you find that helpful or did you want to quit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll quit