Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2009 115hp Mercury Optimax. The problem that I am

Customer Question

I have a 2009 115hp Mercury Optimax. The problem that I am having is it appears that I am loosing the #2 cylinder. The motor will not idle properly as it is very rough. The only way to keep the motor running is to increase the RPM's. I had the motor checked Friday by a Mercury mechanic and he put the motor through the diagnostic checks on his hand held computer and he received no error codes and the motor checked out ok. Fuel and air pressures are great. Compression on each cylinder checks out ok. Any suggestions??? The motor only has 32 hours.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.How are you sure that you are losing the number 2 cylinder?Do you have a multimeter and can do some testing?