Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

The overheating alarm keeps going off and shutting down my

Customer Question

The overheating alarm keeps going off and shutting down my motor even though the water pump is still working. And a fuse is melted. Help!
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, mt name is***** will be assisting you today. Would you please post the serial number of the engine?Where is this fuse that melted located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking at the carbs 4 block fuse panel right side serial 1C137734 model 1A40413KZ
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. your serial number shows a fuel injected four stroke. Is that your engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 40go 4 stroke
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.Was this fuse a single fuse on the left side of the engine?Is the thermostat still removed or installed?Is the alarm that you are getting a solid tone or beeping?Do you understand the water flow thru this engine?I will be back online in a few hours. Need to get some rest for a bit. I Look forward to your replies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K thanx it's a beep beep motor starts skipping like the rev limiter fuse is a 4 block fuse front right on left is a 2 block fuse unplug sensor above oil dipstick and alarm quits
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** wires going into that sensor, along with the plug and the harness going to the ECU.