Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a2010 yamaha 115 4 stroke outboard motor, when i

Customer Question

i have a2010 yamaha 115 4 stroke outboard motor, when i lower the motor a little bit of fluid is leaking, i assume it is trim fluid how do i top off the trim fluid.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my anme is Jason, whom am I speaking with?

Click this link to pull up a parts diagram.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2006%20and%20Later/F115TXR/POWER%20TRIM%20TILT%20ASSY%201/parts.html

What you are looking at is the power trim system. #24 is the fill cap for the reservior. To fill the system what you want to do is trim all the way up. Remove the cap. And then use a funnel with some tubing and fill the reservior until the level of the fluid basically starts to overflow from the reservior. Then put the cap back on. To fill it use Power Trim and Tilt Fluid.

I think that should do it. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it or if you can not see it. If you do have a problem, just reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not lose out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok where is that located on the motor my boat is in the water and i would like to top it off, i see the fill cap on the diagram but where is that on the motor
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
..
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
This can't be done with the boat in the water, it would have to come out, as all of these parts would be underwater. The reservoir is where the rest of the trim system is, between the clamp brackets. Does that make sense?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, just checking in. Did you have any further questions on the issue?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, just checking in. Did you need more help on the issue?