Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Yamaha HPDI 200 just coming off winter storage. started rough

Customer Question

Yamaha HPDI 200 just coming off winter storage. started rough and would not idle. I put it in gear and ran at 3500-5000 rpm for 3 or minutes. Now it idles very high at 1500-2000 rpm. Why?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Would you please post the full model number of the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yamaha 2007 Z200TXR. HPDI.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.Your engine has 2 pulse pumps on it. If one or both are leaking fuel into the engine, that can cause a high idle. Can you remove the pumps from the side of the block, leave all hoses connected. then use the primer bulb to see if there is any fuel at all leaking from the hole on the back of the pump. If there is, replace both pumps/