Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 150 Verado, which has not been used 1/2 years.

Customer Question

I have a 150 Verado, which has not been used for 4 1/2 years. What issues should I expect when I put the boat back in the water?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.There are several items that can go on with this engine. Fuel pumps begin bad, the fuel itself, items inside he fuel system along with the float.Would you please post the serial number of the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Charles,
Mercury 150XL ve
2007
Motor VIN 1:1B429429Thanks Karen
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. The items that are going to need to be addressed are; fuel pumps, do they still run. Alt belt, is it dry rotted? Water pump. Engine and gear oil. The air filter, fuel filters, oil filter, Batteries and the steering system. these are all the items that I would check if the boat was brought to me in the shop.