Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a mako 1988 with a 90 hp mariner I charged 2 batteries

Customer Question

I have a mako 1988 with a 90 hp mariner I charged 2 batteries at start of season and started engine it ran for about 7-10 min and was pumping water good. When I shut in down I tried to restart it and there was nothing but the alarm going off. I went out and bought two new batteries 1 deep cyc and 1 starter because the old ones were chg low.
The same thing is happening alarm but not starting and no starting noise or click.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Do you have a voltmeter and do you know how to take basic voltage measurements? Are you near the boat now?