Diesel Boat Doc
Diesel Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  35 YEARS MARINE DIESEL BOAT REPAIR
21708980

I am looking raw water pump 8-V555 cummins marine

Customer Question

I am looking for a raw water pump for a 8-V555 cummins marine engine. The numbers on the existing pump are Jabsco #21846 and 554907 on the on the 90 degree brass elbows. Can you help me?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Neither of those numbers come up or cross reference. Are there any other numbers on the pump that you can find?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no other numbers, I have pictures I can forward to an email. Will that help?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Not really, there are probably 5 thousand different pumps that Jabsco makes... They are all cataloged by number. I'll opt out of this one, if another one of the guys thinks they can help they will jump in. Good luck!
Expert:  Diesel Boat Doc replied 1 year ago.
The place I would look is Lewis marine supply, Jerrys marine Service, Land N Sea or Cummins Marine all can be found on google. I can try to find one on Monday. ais the pulley and belt good ? The belt needs to come from Cummins the pulley may be obsolete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I had the wrong # ***** be 21680-5. Pulley ok belt ok. I will check those sources
OK let me know i'll ck on Monday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked those sources and no luck. Don`t know exactly where to go at this point.
Bob
I am looking now I will let you know asap Pat
I have a may have a line on a supplier. I'LL check for sure . what does the belt look like is it a flat cog or a v type?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Flat cog
The company is in Miami Florida Diesel Pro Power Phone #(###) ###-####they ship world wide. I have dealt with them in the past and know the owner. You may need to change the pulley if you have the flat belt you just need to put it in the same place as on the old pump. The older engines used a v belt. if you have the flat cog belt just make it tight enough not to slip or you can break the core strands and the belt will fail the belt should have a 1/2 inch play more or less.
Good Luck
Pat