Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Recently replaced the water pump impeller and thermostats on

Customer Question

Recently replaced the water pump impeller and thermostats on a 78-81 mercury 150 serial number(###) ###-#### ***** comes out the starboard side but not the port or the tell tale
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
I'm a bit confused, when you say water comes out the starboard side but not port side, do you have 2 different engines?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No 1 motor. It comes out the starboard side of the motor but not the port side or the tell tale.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hmm.... These engines only have 1 tell tale.... Did somebody add other at some point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it only has one. The water comes out the exhaust on the starboard side of the lower unit. It does not come out the port side exhaust or the only tell tale
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Can you take a picture of what it is you are looking at and send it to me?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
It looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you try to send a reply back, as I did not receive one.