Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

​ Just an update on things we tried on Port Engine. Started

Customer Question

Just an update on things we tried on Port Engine.
Started season w 1/4 tank of gas. Added 1/2 tank of gas. Ran. Added another 1/2 tank on day engine died at Blue parrot. Ran from there to LKN motel. Ran on plane from landing to 150 bridge. Idle speed lost port engine. Could not restart.
Checked fuel filter. Had gas in it. No water. Emptied. Initially had trouble getting gas in fuel filter after emptied. Bought and replaced low pressure pump. Did not work initially. Changed it to starboard side. It worked. Put it back on port side and it pumped. Fuel filter had gas once we opened line. Getting spark. Checked high pressure pump. It works. Ran gas from pressurized gas tank. Never fired.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Next is to use a fuel pressure tester and check for fuel at the engine fuel rail if there is fuel next using a noide light check injector pulse and that they are actually firing. Spray some starting fluid into throttle body and see if engine then starts, if so whether it starts and stalls or stays running I need to know, if it starts and stalls or even tries to start, then you know you have a fuel problem.... lack there of.
You would also want to check compression if above is good, check tps and iac values (on scan tool), crank sensor (depending on engine model). Would need engine model number to confirm.
Timing.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.