Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

How do I remove a gas tank from my 23 ft sea fox boat tank

Customer Question

How do I remove a gas tank from my 23 ft sea fox boat tank is in the floor it's a walk around 2002
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
The biggest job is gaining access, on this model I believe it does not have an hatch/cover, if it does you will know as there will be an area in the floor/deck that is sealed with sealant and screws, if not and floor is solid then there are only two ways to access the tank if there is no other access. These two ways are separate hull from upper deck at rub rail, or cut a hole in the floor to remove the tank which many people do not know is very common and many boats this is the required job to access/replace the tank, once done one has the option to then make a access lid or fiberglass the floor/deck back into place and refinish the surface.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.