Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Fourwinns boat I just bought it and in the center

Customer Question

I have a Fourwinns boat I just bought it and in the center of the bow when you start Lifejackets there's a hole where the water will go back to the engine and go to the pump is there a plug for the whole to stop the water from coming in
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
These are built into the vessel from the factory and are designed that way for functionality, the idea is to get the water from that area all to a central bilge pump, this then sucks the water out of the hull and gets rid of it. If you were to block these holes the water would store in that locker area and not be removed without manual removal and or removing the plug. If you wished to still do it anyways then you can simply use a hull drain plug or even a plug for a kayak for sit ons that block water from coming in it, any type of a rubber plug would work. But again please remember that it is designed this way to work correctly.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.