Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2001 Kohler 5E marine generator in a 2001 Sea Ray

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Kohler 5E marine generator in a 2001 Sea Ray 290 Sundancer with approx. 280 hours, mostly freshwater and flushed quickly after use in saltwater. On a recent trip the generator starting leaking oil rapidly. Without running over a quart in 12 hours. I hope to find the leak without having to pull the generator which requires pulling the port motor. I felt under the oil filter and felt nothing. I have not pulled the filter yet. I have a carburetor problem also, I must pull the choke lever over to get it to start and recently it starts and stalls but I believe it is the anti-diesel needle sticking. But before I could take care of the carb problem the oil leak appeared.
Your help will be greatly appreciated !!!!
Gary XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXX XXX XXXX
Category: Boat