Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have twin Neptune electric motors on my pontoon. The only

Customer Question

I have twin Neptune electric motors on my pontoon. The only number I can make out on them is EP96. The control cable with attached control box was stolen with my truck. Is it possible to find a new cable? The connection has 6 pins.***@******.***
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Due to the age of these units it is very hard if not next to impossible to locate these type of replacement parts, the cable you may be able to make without the connectors using different ones however the control would be the biggest problem. I tried locating one used but none are currently available. Next options are try contacting http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Contact/ to convert it and or replace the entire setup (yes I realize this is not ideal) or wait for one to come up on the used market.
I believe there should be 1 control both for each motor.
And you are correct on the model, they are minnkota neptune "EP96" is the model number. 96lb thrust units.
Even if referring to the actual hand operated control box they are very hard to locate.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.