Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 1994 DT115 Suzuki outboard motor's water pump fails after

Customer Question

my 1994 DT115 Suzuki outboard motor's water pump fails after about 45 minutes of use.
I have replaced it twice in 2 weeks. What could be wrong?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
When it fails what is it doing? What condition is the impeller in? Who's impeller is it, OEM or aftermarket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a Suzuki Genuine Part bought a parts dept from a local dealer. impeller looks good but the inside where shaft goes looks real shiney even blueish
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
The inside of the impeller itself looks bluish? Did you replace the impeller key when changing the impeller? If you have the proper impeller and key then it has to index on the driveshaft and can not move on the driveshaft. If the key is worn or missing then the impeller can turn on the driveshaft.Make sure the key is in place.