Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a bayliner capri. It was running great and starting great. Then when we came into

Customer Question

I have a bayliner capri. It was running great and starting great. Then when we came into pier to pick a life jacket. it would not crank. It sounds like tin cans in the engine. Thanks for your help It's a 3.0 mercruiser engine. The boat is a 2000 and this is the 2nd starter, the original was replaced because of shearing.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** the starter has gone out again. When you installed the new starter did it sound like it was grinding? Could I get the engine serial number please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it didn't until Sunday and I had driven it for about two weeks. I will get you the serial number tomorrow. It's already dark.Thank you. Have a good evening
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok check the starter see if it moves up and down. Lets make sure the bolts didn't come loose. You have a good evening.