Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

We had our boat hauled and on the hard three years.

Customer Question

We had our boat hauled and on the hard for about three years. When we put it back in the water, the forward commode would now draw water for flushing. I purchased and installed a Service Kit###-##-#### No problems encountered in installation. When we tried it would still not draw water into the bowl. There is a slight hissing sound from the commode but no water.The rear head had acted in a similar manner. Without installing a new kit, I filled the commode completely with water, let it sit for five minutes, then pumped the water out of the commode. It still did not work well so I did the same thing again. After that the commode starting pumping water into the bowl. Can you tell me where I should go from here. If you need to ask me any questions my phone number is ********** Thank you, John
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi John my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.If you remove the water inlet line to the commode does water freely pour out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not tried that.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
are you near the boat now to check that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Did you want to check it and get back to me, or what would you like to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me check the inlet to see if water flows freely. The boat is 20 miles from me so I will have to get back to you.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let me now what happens. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what my billing is at this time?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I can't. I don't actually work for justanswer, I am just a site user that answers questions. If you have billing questions you want to contact customer service at***@******.*** and they can answer any billing questions for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
you bet.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, just checking in, any luck?