Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Experience:  42 years experience, Certified Master Technician, All Major Outboards, Sterndrives, Hi-Performance
27391725

I've got a 2003 Honda 200 had a idler pulley go bad. Replaced

Customer Question

I've got a 2003 Honda 200 had a idler pulley go bad. Replaced pully an putting on new belt. do not know what mark cam gears are suppose to be set at. Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Can I get the whole model number and serial number to positively ID the engine?There is a notch on the crankshaft pulley that lines up with a small "pointer" on the block.On the cam pulley there is a small mark adjacent to the #1 mark on the pulley. This lines up with a mark on the back cover looking down on the pulley. Same for the other pulley.Then install the belt. Turn the crankshaft clockwise one turn and make sure the marks line up. If not adjust the pulley that is off.Post back with any questions on this.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it's BAES (###) ###-####
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Check the pulleys and let me know.