Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

We have a 2004 mercury 40 hp efi engine on our pontoon boat

Customer Question

we have a 2004 mercury 40 hp efi engine on our pontoon boat that stalls after it warms up. we have replaced the water separator fuel filter, the spark plugs, the gray fuel line with squeeze pump from gas tank to motor and have put in new gas. the motor starts up fine and you can do 3- 50 yard circles, but when the motor bets warm it stalls. you can start it up again, but when you put it in gear it stalls. I have a service manual for our 40 hp four stroke efi and it shows that there should be a high pressure fuel filter but I cannot locate it. The local boat gods in our area have checked everything that I did and said that everything looks ok to them, but something is wrong. there is no trouble shooting section in my service manual. Any help is appreciated. Michael Vandenhoy.***@******.***
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today.Do you know if the high pressure filter has ever been replaced?