Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Engine cutout while moving slowly< could not get to restart

Customer Question

engine cutout while moving slowly< could not get to restart in normal mode but will start with throttle only button.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the make, model and serial number of the engine please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0w629772
Mercruiser 350hp I/O
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the engine only starts with the throttle advanced this is an indication of a failing IAC (idle air control). When the IAC goes bad it won't open allowing enough air into the engine to start. Using the throttle is doing the same as the IAC should do. You are allowing air into the engine so it will start. Replace the IAC # ***** this should resolve the issue. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc/Mercruiser/1998/40430002S/Throttle%20Body/parts.html Post back if you need further assistance. Thank you..........Tan