Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

I have 2005 Sanger v230 with the black scorpion motor. My problem

Customer Question

I have 2005 Sanger v230 with the black scorpion motor. My problem is I'm gettin two warning beeps every minute. I've changed the impeller, fuel filters, fuel pressure regulator and water temp sensor. It runs at about 160 degreas and oil pressure is good. What else should I look for? It's stayes in the water so I don't have access to a code reader.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
There are a lot of things that can cause that alarm.Here's a listTwo Alarm beeps every 60 seconds are for:1.) Faulty cam,2.) IAC,3.) MAP,4.) MAT,5.) knock sensors.6.) open/short in the engine cooling temp circuit7.) open/short in fuel injector wiring circuit,8.) open/short in oil PSI circuit,9.) open/short in exhaust manifold cooling temp circuit,10.) open/short in sea pump circuit,11.) open/short in throttle position circuit If you're having rough idle issues it could be a bad IAC.If it's intermittent it could be the neutral switch.Without having the codes read you're going to be throwing money at this until you find the right part.There are guys on craigslist that will come to your boat with a scanner to check it so you don't have to trailer it anywhere.