Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2007 mercruiser 5.0 MPI, just replaced raw water impeller,

Customer Question

2007 mercruiser 5.0 MPI, just replaced raw water impeller, thermostat, oil, plugs, drive lube and engine runs smooth but using an IR gun thermometer I get 90F on top of riser, 180-185 on lower sides of manifolds and 200-220 on bottom edge of manifolds. Engine used to run at or slightly above 175 on gauge (gauge and run reading of sending agree). Now at 3000RPM on a plane temp is 180 on gauge, push it to 3500RPM and temp rises to 195 on gauge, pull off plane and down to 1000rpm temp rises to 200-205 for several minutes before dropping to 185. Suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Is the engine raw water cooled or fresh water cooled? Is it an alpha or a bravo setup? Do you boat in fresh or saltwater?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine is cooled by pulling in sea water and I operate the boat in saltwater and the outdrive is a Bravo 3. my name is Brian
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian. Being the boat is a 2007 have the bellows been changed yet?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I Brian, I see that the website is giving you trouble as you are starting new questions instead of replying back to his on here. There is an option to do this over the phone. The website does charge extra for it (30$) but it is an option. Would you prefer the phone? If yes, I am sending an offer for phone service to your email. If you prefer phone you can accept that offer. If you prefer the website, you can ignore/decline the offer for phone service, and reply back here.
-Jason