Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 1993 Johnson 40 hp outboard. TJ40ELETB . Was replacing

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Johnson 40 hp outboard. TJ40ELETB . Was replacing water pump unscrewed wrong screw from lower unit , the screw apparently held on shift rod. I got the rod hole lined back up and screw reinstalled,. now shift rod wont move , I see in the manual
there is a shift cradle and it appears I may have missed it when installing the shift rod back in place. I look down the shift rod hole and can see this cradle( looks like laying on its side....) but for the life of me cannot figure out how the attach the
shift rod.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Are you talking about part 42 in the following link:
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/JOHNSON/1993/TJ40ELETB/GEARCASE/parts.html
If that is on it's side then you would need to open up the gear case to get it back attached to the shift rod.
If no kindly advise which art you are talking about.
Thanks,
Noel
Did you manage to solve the problem? If you need further assistance let me know and kindly rate my service.
Thanks,
Noel