Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have diesel coming out the fuel tank vent. I can't get it

Customer Question

I have diesel coming out the fuel tank vent. I can't get it to stop it is as if its under pressure. Not leaking when not running the engines but when they run it flows out the vent if I open the cap on the fill it will come out of there. I had to replace
a racor fuel filter it seemed to build up pressure and damage a seal around the primer. Any ideas it for a bayliner 4087
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my Name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Check out the return from the engines as if it is going to the fuel vent it will do that effect. Try putting it in a separate container and see if the problem still occurs. If no then what you need to do is to get the return of the engine to another inlet ideally the tank itself. Please keep me updated. Noel
Did you manage to solve the problem? If you need further assistance let me know and kindly rate my service.
Thanks,
Noel