Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I'm running a 425 hp sea Doo Doo motor I'm reinstalling my

Customer Question

I'm running a 425 hp sea Doo Doo motor I'm reinstalling my new motor now what is the purpose of the plastic gear cover over the cam there's a washer that licks into the plastic gear cover that goes over the cam gear
I put a racing timing gear in it
Do I need to run this plastic cam gear cover and washer. I have the shop manual it doesn't say what the functioning purpose of the plastic gear and licking washer does but hold the plastic cover on
It looks like all it does is show the timing marks
But what's there mechanical purpose and do they have to be rein installed
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
It looks like in addition to the timing marks it functions to work in conjunction with the vent valve possibly keeping most of the oil out of it by use of the cover.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.