Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

1998 seadoo gtx rotax 787 keeps fouling out number 2 plug comp at 120 both cyl once u put

Customer Question

1998 seadoo gtx rotax 787 keeps fouling out number 2 plug comp at 120 both cyl once u put new plugs in only revs to 4k and bogs under wide open throtle new coil and harness fuel pressure 60 psi new injectors no low battery warning has new magneto and retifier and battery and stays charged Sometimes rpms kick in and out like its misfiring and it takes off there is extra smoke also
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

First things to start with are a leak down test on the engine, next rave valves, next using a timing light check for misfires on that cylinder vs the other pto/mag. Next would be carbs or if single carb checking the intakes and reeds. You'd also want to check your rotary valve while in there to confirm timing. Check your oil lines and make sure that side is not dumping extra oil.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.