Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Why don't my power trim tilt system tilt down but don't come

Customer Question

why don't my power trim tilt system tilt down but don't come all the way up
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** you using the trailer button to get the drive up the rest of the way? You should have 2 switches for the trim/tilt one for trim and one for trailering. The trim switch has a limit so it only goes so high. Then you have the trailer switch which allow up to tilt the drive all the way up for trailering.The trailer can be either on the dash or on the control handle or in the bottom right corner. Circled here.http://s66.photobucket.com/user/CAHobbspics/media/Mariah/TrailerSwitch.jpg.html Post back with questions if the switch doesn't work.