Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

I have a 1999 Yamaha LS2000 which runs great, except when i

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Yamaha LS2000 which runs great, except when i bring the throttles all the way down to idle, the starboard engine stalls almost immediately. I can keep it running if i add a tiny bit of throttle, but that's a pain when your trying to both steer and take the it in and out of gear.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm Jeremy I'm going to help you with your question.Have you checked on the engines to see if the idle speed screw has just backed out?It may have and that could be the only problem. Since you can get it to run with a little throttle it sounds like just a linkage issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not checked how would I check that?
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
By looking at the carb rack where the throttle cable hooks up.There will be a screw with a small roll pin through the top so you can use your fingers to adjust it.