Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

It did not run any better with the gas line into a gas can.

Customer Question

It did not run any better with the gas line into a gas can. I pulled the carbs and exaust off and plugged the holes pluged crankcase to fuel pump hose put 7 psi down one spark plug hole held this psi for 20 minutes no leak down
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Did you happen to look at your reeds to see if they're sealing ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Figured that would be next not really sure what I am looking for havent worked on 2 strokes before
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
When looking at the reed cages the petals lay flat against the sides of the cage and seal all the way around so that when the piston in that cylinder comes back down the crankcase pressure is trapped inside the case and then goes up through the ports to the top of the piston instead of leaking past the reeds and out the carbs.If the reeds aren't sealed the crankcase pressure is wishy washy and just doesn't give you the pressures needed to move the fuel and air mixutre and to give a good solid pulse to the fuel pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They all appear to be laying down flat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Ok,So I can't remember if we talked about this but, with everything back together and ready to run if it starts and idles.When you go to give it throttle spray a shot of starting fluid in the intake and see if it will then rev up or if it kills it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you think is wrong if it revs up
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Something isn't right with the carbs. Popoff pressure, or mixture screws most likely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I will see what happens
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Cool let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well Jeremy sorry it took me so song to get back to you to many other things going on took jet ski to shop for them to fix tried it out today still back fires with no power no improvement at all. Will probably go talk to them on tuesday to see why