Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My Alpha One outdrive won't raise or lower. Couldn't pull

Customer Question

My Alpha One outdrive won't raise or lower. Couldn't pull it up to load the boat on the trailer. I was working just fine this morning. What should I do?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After a day of boating, I tried to raise my Alpha One outdrive to trailer the boat. The switch to trim and the button to raise the outdrive stopped working.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
First check the battery fuse for the trim pump, it blown replace it and try the switch again.
To get the boat out of the water, use a small wire to jump the up solenoid. It is the one with the blue wire on it. Go from the red to the blue and the trim should go up. If it does not, you either have no power, or the motor is bad.
After you get the boat home, I can go over how to test the rest of the system with you.