Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2000 200 hp mercury nitro outboard. after 4 days of

Customer Question

i have a 2000 200 hp mercury nitro outboard. after 4 days of use, it all of a sudden cuts out at 5000 rpms. i changed fuel filters, oil reserves is 3/4, and i changed voltage regulators. still doesnt work
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Refer to your original question. http://www.justanswer.com/boat/95g9p-2000-200-hp-mercury-nitro-runs-perfect-until.html#re.v/173/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Can you run the engine on another fuel source? This is possibly a fuel starvation issue. When you get to that high in the rpm range the engine uses allot of fuel. If there is a restriction the engine will act like it is right now. Then when you back off the throttle it doesn't require as much fuel and runs ok.