Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 2007 crown line 252ex with magnum 350 MPI wont idle after

Customer Question

My 2007 crown line 252ex with magnum 350 MPI wont idle after it warms up. Also hard to start and keep running after warm up. Engine temp is 170 to 180. Initial start and idle 700 rpm is great. Overall runs great all the time.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
There are a number of things that would cause the issue. What kinds of questions did you have, or where did you want to start?
Can I get the serial number on the engine please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have fresh gas in tank. I would like to know how to repair it. I don't have serial number at the moment.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You have to figure out what is wrong with it before working on a repair plan. There are a number of things that would cause the issue. Fuel pressure to high, a compression issue in 1 cylinder, a bad sensor (usually temp sensor), a bad IAC valve, there could be an issue with the ignition system, a bad cap causing a misfire when hot, or a weak ignition coil.
All of those things would cause it. Some of the tests require gauges, some require scan tools, some require taking things apart and looking at it. That's why I asked where you want to start?