Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 2007, Yamaha GP1300R with Riva stage 1

Customer Question

I have a 2007, Yamaha GP1300R with Riva stage 1 that i haven't used for about 8 months. It was working perfect when i parked it. Now, It starts fine but after a minute of riding, it suddenly slows down and doesn't accelerate, then goes off. When i try running it again it starts with difficulty and RPM starts going up and down irregularly even with a bit of throttle and then doesn't start at all. There are no alarms. I changed the spark plugs, checked the wires, cleaned the injectors (changed the clamps), checked the reed valves fine, emptied the petrol tank, cleaned it and put a new petrol/yamalube mix (oil pump has been disconnected since i bought it - I've always run on premix). I checked the pressure on the pistons (130 psi all three). I pressed the diagnosis button for 8 seconds while running, the code was 01 (normal).
when i leave it for next day, it starts normal, but then the same problem again. it seems that it takes more air than petrol, or vice versa.
What do you think the problem is ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Following all your diagnostics i am thinking of a restricted fuel filter or fuel line. It looks like there is very little amount of fuel going to the engine. Try removing the fuel line from the engine side and see the flow of fuel going into a can. If it is poor then you try blowing in it using compressed air and see if it unblocks.
If you require further assistance let me know.
Noel
Any luck? do you require further assistance?
Noel