Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have a 2001 evinrude 135 fitch started was out on water and

Customer Question

have a 2001 evinrude 135 fitch started was out on water and just shut down could not restart no power at all trim would not work after sitting for maybe an hour or so tried to start and just cranks seems like no spark there is fuel and sometimes when I try to startit again theres nothing a few tries and just cranks checked for spark no spark
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I say there was nothing I mean no power at all to the port engine never had a problem or any indication of anything happening
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome,this question may need more than a single answer. Please post back with additional questions on this at any time.
When you turn the key to on do you get beeps and lights on the SystemCheck gauge? Can you hear the fuel pump run briefly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
originally I got nothing no power to engine or even when I tried to trim engine and after an hour or so I tried it and yes did get lights and beeps and the fuel pump primes for about 5-10 seconds
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Two things here.
First it would appear the battery may not be fully charged. When a battery sits for a short while it can develop a surface charge which could explain the lights and beeps coming back.
The second thing is on the starboard side of the engine is the PDP, Power Distribution Panel. Take the slotted screws out and you will see the fuses and relays. Check each fuse carefully you may have a blown fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the port engine checked all fuses all ok
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Charge the battery to full charge, not just a quick charge. The system runs off battery voltage, if it is low or not fully charged the system won't work.
Then check the trim followed by cranking the engine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please opt out. I would like to work with Tan
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Sorry I am not familiar enough with this model engine to help. Jeff is more familiar with these engines than I am. Sorry.