Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

150 four stoke 2007 have 2 motors , one keep dieing on a very

Customer Question

150 four stoke 2007 have 2 motors , one keep dieing on a very low idle run great on plane I have to use the ball to prime motor , I've change all new fuel line ,filters and even had the fuel tank cleaned just two weeks ago
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Having to use the primer bulb to prime the motor after it has been run is a sign of either the bulb being bad, or there is an air leak in the fuel system. Check the filters on the engine and make sure that there is not 2 o-rings stuck on the filter. This would allow the engine to suck air at that point. Replace the primer bulb, if you haven't already done so with a good quality bulb. Stay away from brands like Sierra or Atwood. The check valves are known to leak,.