Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have completed a re wire of my dash at the start of

Customer Question

Hi. I have completed a re wire of my dash at the start of the new season. All new Gage's and switches. Most everything is working except the boat will not crank and my engine compartment motor is not working. Need some troubleshooting help.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
First place to start is using a voltmeter to check for lack of power/ground, start at the breaker/fuse for the engine lid actuator and see if you have power in and out of it then the same at the switch and if you have power out of that switch when it is on then the problem lies between it and the actuator, the actuator and ground or the actual actuator.
The motor not cranking you need to check your switch and make sure it is wired correctly, the s out to the starter solenoid should have 12vdc when cranking, confirm your b+ and ground as well as access 12v at the switch (depending on switch, check all connections and confirm voltage/ground).
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.