Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2005 Mercy 90 hp. 4 stroke engine and have a real

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mercy 90 hp. 4 stroke engine and have a real hard time shifting from forward to reverse. I have talked to other people on line and they have same problem they think Mercy should have a recall on this problem. What can I do to fix it ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? There isn't any kind of defect on the engine, regardless of what other folks might have said. When properly set up these outboard shift just fine.
I have a couple of questions back to you. First, has the engine ever been any different/better in the past for you? What are your idle rpms reading with the boat in the water, and in forward gear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would like phone call.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I do offer phone calls but the website does charge extra for them (30$). I will send the information for that over to your email address. If you would like the phone call you can accept the offer in the email address and then I can get your number. If you prefer to stay online, you can decline or ignore that offer. -Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this on top of the other fees?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So far I haven't found out anything on my motor.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Correct, it would be on top what you have paid so far.
As for finding anything out, I haven't heard back anything about the questions I had asked you in my first reply.