Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

2011 seadoo Wake Pro 215 check engine light/ battery light. wont

Customer Question

2011 seadoo Wake Pro 215
check engine light/ battery light.
wont go into neutral or reverse?
Started happening after I had to "jump start" weak battery. Have now replaced battery with new sealed one. starts right up...but doesnt run 100%...maybe about 80%?
fault messages seem to change? last ones were P1661, C2100, U16A4, U0129, and U10A5.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
p1661 is ibr fault, c2100 refers to a problem with calibration or memory having to do with the ibr, u0129 loss of is to ibr communication, u16a4 ibr can timeout found by ecm, ecm or ibr failure or connection issue. For u10a5 I have a feeling you meant u16a5 again referring to an ibr can timeout by the ecm.
Ibr is the intelligent braking and reverse system, however with that said note these problems as you stated did not start until after jumping it.
If you used a jump box, charging set to engine start or any other running engine to start this pwc by jumping that it can and usually does fry electronics hence possibly the ecm and or ibr and or fuses as well. Check all wiring and connections to start, disconnect and re-seat them. You may want to try clearing all codes first (proper scan tool/buds). Also check that charging system is working putting out around 14ish volt dc with engine running. In some cases an software update can resolve these problems, well some of the codes but might be related to all. This however does require a trip to the dealer or a shop with the correct diagnostic equipment and able to program it.
remember to never use anything other than a charger to charge battery or an non running engine battery to jump with, otherwise damage can occur. I have dealt with tons of fried ecm's and mpems as a result of incorrect jumping.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.