Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have problem with water leakage in my yamaha OX66 saltwater

Customer Question

I have problem with water leakage in my yamaha OX66 saltwater series II 150 sx txrb lower cowl cover. When cruising at 1100-1800 rpm's no water coming out but as soon as I hit a higher rpm like 2300-2500 rpm water starts leaking out between the bottom of the lower cowl cover and the upper cover of the exhaust cover where both covers join or meet
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
There are a couple of possibilities here. And without being able to see it that makes it tough. If you were to have the boat in the water and rev it in neutral a bit, are you able to see if the leak is at least coming from the front or the back of the engine?
Also, is this a freshwater engine or saltwater used?