Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a power drive ripetide corded pedal when I step on the

Customer Question

I have a power drive ripetide corded pedal when I step on the pedal to make it turn right nothing happens if I want to turn left it works just fine . Thoughts.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
First you will need to make sure that it is not the steering motor. Remove the 2 side panels, then the cover over the center. You will see the main board there. Locate the Black and White leads. Unplug them. Use a jump box or a battery for power, supply positive voltage to one wire and negative to the other. Both of these wires are the ones going to the center steering box. If the motor turns one direction, reverse the leads and try again, if the motor now turns the other direction, replace the foot pedal.