Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I recently purchased a t9.9 outboard motor pontoon boat.

Customer Question

I recently purchased a t9.9 outboard motor for my pontoon boat. And today my propeller bumped a bolder under water and the propellor is scrapped on one prop. I want to replace it my self. What size propellor do I get. The manual doesn't state it. My marina I purchased from said it is a 11 3/4 by 7. I want to order one tonight so I can switch it out. Thank u
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the engine model year?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yamaha t 9.9 ..brand new 2015
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Look on the prop are there any numbers on the prop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey tan, no I didn't see any.. My marina where I purchased it said it was a 11 3/4 ,,7.. That's the size but when I look it up on the internet not coming up
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I'm having the same issue. Post the complete engine model number please.Have you looked in the center part of the hub of the prop for the number?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
The only thing I come up with close is 11 3/4 X 9 1/4.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's completely white and couldn't see it..its at the marina and I'd run down there to see but we are getting a bad storm at the moment...
Yamaha t 9.9 LPB 6AVK L(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need the same size. I can change the size no.?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Found it. Here's the link. http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-69G-45943-00-00.html Here's the reference page. Scroll down to # ***** http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2006%20and%20Later/T9.9LPA_01/LOWER%20CASING%20DRIVE%202/parts.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks a lot tan ..
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome...........Thank you..........Tan
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to positively rate me as that is how I get credit for helping you. Thank you........Tan