Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a BMW D7 with a cracked cilinderhead. The whole engine

Customer Question

I have a BMW D7 with a cracked cilinderhead. The whole engine is overhauled, but the cilinderhead is still out of order. Welding is more or less impossible. Is a new or second hand cilinderhead to deliver ?
I live in the Netherlands. The engine is modified with an extern alternator. and builded in a classic wooden Nordic Folkboat.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
If a proper machine shop cannot weld and work the head as a repair then it does require replacement. To locate the correct head per the application would require the casting numbers from the old cylinder head, to which with that and the exact full engine model number one could then attempt to search and locate a replacement cylinder head for you. Getting one to your area however may prove a little harder then actually finding a replacement.
http://wavelength30.tripod.com/BMW%20D7%20&%20D12%20Parts%20Manual.pdf
Here will provide you with the part number to which you can see if the company can reproduce one. http://www.bmwmarine.com/media/BMWD7D12_part_cat.PDF
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.