Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA
30381042

Kenny, I have a 2005 STX 900 and I am getting injection

Customer Question

Hi Kenny,
I have a 2005 STX 900 and I am getting injection oil in the hull. I pulled the carburetors off and found oil pooled up in the pockets of the casting by the reed cage. It is only on the rear cylinder and I cannot tell where it is coming from. Looks like maybe from the weep hole on the carburetor diaphragm, but I am not sure. Any Ideas?
Brian
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?
I'm going to post up a link, this is a problem on all of these units with oil injection, the brass fitting where the oil lines connect to on the engine is actually a check valve, what happens in the check valve will stick open and then the oil will flow freely into the intake part of the engine thus seeing what you are looking at (excessive oil) I will post up this, its a different model but same design, you will need to order the kit they have called out and this will fix your problem.
Let me know if you have any questions
Kenny
https://www.hightail.com/download/bXBiNnFQYWI5eFdGa2NUQw
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the download I posted ?
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kenny,
Yes I got the post and I am ordering the check valve kit. Because I have the STX900 carbureted version, the oil lines go to the carburetors and not the engine or intake as you described. I am assuming the fix is still the same? I am curios how the oil gets past the diaphragm before it leaks out the diaphragm cover though.
Thanks
Brian