Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Have 1992 150 yamaha txrq has no spark left side

Customer Question

have 1992 150 yamaha txrq has no spark left side
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
This is going to be a multi step process. Start by disconnect the temperature sensors on the cylinder heads. Does spark come back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry gene here
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gene. Do you have a decent quality digital volt/ohm meter, and do you know how to take basic resistance measurements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have volt meter but will get one will be awhile will contact when available
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how to use a meter, that is the bigger question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure but father in law does and he will be here then
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Okay, keep me posted then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason not sure how long he will be, would not want to contact after your work hours , if you could expain what to tests we will do it when he arrives and send findings to you . Thank you for your help
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Are you familiar with the stator trigger and CDI box on the engine, and where their locations are?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I have the manual open in front of me and i'm going to have to call this one quits. I was hoping they would, but Yamaha doesn't list resitiance specs on the ignition components for this model, only voltage specs. It takes a special kind of voltmeter in order to read these voltages and it won't be something you have. Your going to have to take this one in. I will opt out. Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your help
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** expert here on the site.
Resistance readings for the pulser coils are White/Red to W/Green, W/Black to W/Blue, W/Y to W/Brown, all readings should be about 320 Ohms. Low speed charge coil Br to R should be 740 Ohms, High speed charge coil should be Blue to Black/Red, 69 Ohms.
If one if these readings is off, replace that component. Let me know what you find.
Charles